5 Great Reasons to Book a VIP Tour at Disney World (updated August 2015)
Want to skip all the lines at Disney? Get an air conditioned ride from park to park that will deliver you backstage? Have your child star in the Indiana Jones stunt show? This is everything you need to know about VIP tours.
Over the years I have been hosted on press trips with VIP guides and paid for them out of pocket. CNN recently did a story about the luxury side of Disney and got the math wrong on the VIP tour guides. They should have asked me.
Go to the Disney website for the new variety of tours that they offer. But know that if you want the VIP experience of front of line every time rides, premium seating and backstage delivery, The cost fluctuates based on time of year (want to go Christmas week? that is more expensive) the cost runs from $400-600 per hour (there is a six hour minimum). Disney tells me that the cost is generally in the $400-$450 range
The tours accommodate 10 people so you can split it with another family (we’ve done that with great success). Know that infants, even little tiny ones count in your 10 people.
If you have a smaller family and a focused interest (princesses…thrill rides) they now have specialized tours that are $299 per person that follow a pre-set agenda. These options still get you to the front of the line, but don’t allow you to customize your day.
1. Backstage meet and greets with the characters, no lines, no standing in the hot sun clutching a sweaty autograph book and crying child.
2. Go directly to the fast pass line AS MANY TIMES as you want. Want to go on Rock n Roller Coaster ten times in a row? No problem! (This was my first time, not my tenth, and it in my defense, it goes REALLY fast)
3. Front row seating at all shows, those lucky kids who get pulled up on stage? Chances are they’re with a VIP tour. Book one and your child will be the star of the show too. This is never guaranteed, but it has been my experience every time.
4. Zip from park to park and enter backstage like the real rock stars do. Last year my family booked a tour and we hit every major ride in three different parks, in ONE DAY. Oh, and we even had time for the Electric Light Parade with primo seating.
5. Inside tips from a pro. Your tour guide will teach the kids lots of nifty tricks like how to score the most points in Toy Story Mania’s Midway game.
Aside from a much lighter wallet, the biggest downside is the Cinderella moment the next day when your chariot is gone, along with your footmen and you have to stand in line again-don’t these people know who you are??
Want more Disney luxury? Book a private fireworks cruise and have your ship stocked with champagne – dreams really do come true. Read my advice here.
Still can’t get enough Disney? Did you know you can live there? Really, check out Golden Oak homes.
To book your VIP Tour call 407-560-4033. Know that you might have to leave a voicemail, but they will return your call the same day.